The Academic English Preparation Teacher at One World International School (OWIS), Osaka, is responsible for preparing students for academic success by enhancing their English language proficiency. The teacher plays a pivotal role in equipping students with the language skills necessary to excel in a globally competitive educational environment.
- Curriculum Development:
– Design and develop a comprehensive Academic English Preparation curriculum that aligns with international academic standards.
– Create engaging and targeted lessons to address students’ language needs.
- Classroom Instruction:
– Teach Academic English courses to students, focusing on listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills.
– Use various teaching strategies and materials to promote language acquisition.
- Assessment and Feedback:
– Develop and administer formative and summative assessments to gauge student progress.
– Provide constructive feedback and guidance for language improvement.
– Adapt instruction to meet individual learning needs and styles, especially for non-native English speakers.
– Offer additional support to students requiring more intensive language development.
- College and Career Readiness:
– Prepare students for standardized English proficiency exams commonly used for college admissions.
– Help students craft strong academic essays and prepare for interviews.
- Technology Integration:
– Incorporate technology and digital resources to enhance language learning.
– Encourage the use of language learning apps, online resources, and digital platforms.
- Record Keeping and Reporting:
– Maintain accurate records of student performance and progress.
– Prepare regular reports for school administration and parents regarding student language development.
Qualifications and Requirements:
– A Bachelor’s degree in English, Education, or a related field; a Master’s degree is preferred.
– Teaching certification and experience in English as a Second Language (ESL) instruction.
– A strong understanding of language acquisition principles and language proficiency exams (e.g., TOEFL, IELTS).
– Effective classroom management and instructional skills.
– Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
– Proficiency in English (spoken and written); proficiency in Japanese is an advantage.
– A passion for teaching and a dedication to students’ language development.
Visa Status: Permanent Resident / Instructor Visa / valid work visa
Language: English (fluent)
Location: One World International School (OWIS), Osaka
Reporting To: Head of Primary School