We are seeking a passionate and dynamic Part-Time Music Teacher to join our primary school team, catering to students from early childhood education through Grade 5. As a Music Teacher, you will be responsible for creating a stimulating and engaging learning environment that fosters a love for music while nurturing the musical talents of our young learners.
1. Develop and implement a comprehensive music curriculum aligned with educational standards for early childhood education to Grade 5.
2. Plan and conduct age-appropriate music lessons that cater to various learning styles and abilities.
3. Integrate a variety of musical genres, instruments, and interactive activities to enhance students’ musical appreciation and skills.
4. Provide individual and group instruction, focusing on developing students’ vocal, instrumental, and rhythmic abilities.
5. Organize and coordinate musical performances, recitals, or showcases to showcase students’ achievements and boost their confidence.
6. Foster a positive and inclusive classroom environment that encourages creativity, collaboration, and a lifelong appreciation for music.
7. Assess and evaluate students’ progress through regular assessments and feedback, adjusting teaching methods as needed.
8. Collaborate with other educators to integrate music into cross-curricular activities, promoting interdisciplinary learning experiences.
9. Stay informed about the latest developments in music education, incorporating innovative and effective teaching techniques into the curriculum.
10. Communicate effectively with parents, providing updates on students’ progress and participating in parent-teacher conferences as required.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Music Education or a related field.
2. Teaching certification or relevant teaching experience.
3. Proficiency in playing various musical instruments and vocal instruction.
4. Strong knowledge of child development and age-appropriate pedagogical approaches.
5. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
6. Ability to create a positive and inclusive learning environment.
7. Demonstrated passion for music education and inspiring young learners.
If you are enthusiastic about nurturing the musical talents of primary school students and contributing to their holistic development, we invite you to apply for this rewarding Part-Time Music Teacher position.
Visa Status: Permanent Resident / Instructor Visa / valid work visa
Language: English (conversational)
Location: One World International School (OWIS), Osaka
Reporting To: Head of Primary School