The Primary School Kindergarten to Grade 5 Homeroom Teacher at One World International School (OWIS), Osaka, is responsible for creating a nurturing and engaging learning environment for students in a specific grade level. Homeroom teachers play a fundamental role in students’ academic, social, and emotional development.
- Classroom Management:
– Establish and maintain a well-organized and inclusive classroom that fosters a positive learning environment.
– Develop and implement effective classroom management strategies to ensure a conducive atmosphere for learning.
- Curriculum Delivery:
– Plan, deliver, and assess lessons according to the school’s curriculum, ensuring alignment with academic standards.
– Adapt teaching methods to meet individual learning needs and styles.
- Student Assessment:
– Regularly assess and evaluate student progress through a variety of assessment tools, providing constructive feedback.
– Collaborate with colleagues to analyze student data and make data-driven instructional decisions.
- Parent Communication:
– Maintain open and regular communication with parents and guardians, providing updates on student performance and well-being.
– Attend parent-teacher conferences and respond to parent inquiries and concerns.
- Social and Emotional Support:
– Foster students’ social and emotional development by creating a supportive and inclusive classroom culture.
– Provide guidance and support to students in their personal growth and development.
- Extracurricular Involvement:
– Actively participate in or lead extracurricular activities, clubs, or events that enhance the school community.
– Encourage and mentor students in extracurricular pursuits.
- Professional Development:
– Engage in ongoing professional development to stay current with best practices in education.
– Participate in school-wide and grade-level meetings and collaborations.
- Team Collaboration:
– Collaborate with other homeroom teachers, specialists, and support staff to ensure a holistic educational experience for students.
– Contribute to curriculum development and school improvement initiatives.
Qualifications and Requirements:
– A Bachelor’s degree in Education or a related field; a teaching certification is required.
– Minimum of 2-3 years of teaching experience, with experience in primary education preferred.
– A deep understanding of child development, differentiated instruction, and student assessment.
– Strong classroom management skills and a commitment to creating an inclusive learning environment.
– Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
– A passion for teaching and a dedication to students’ holistic development.
– Basic Japanese preferred
Visa Status: Permanent Resident / Instructor Visa / valid work visa
Language: English (Fluent)
Location: One World International School (OWIS), Osaka
Reporting To: Head of Primary School