The Receptionist & Extracurricular programme Coordinator at One World International School (OWIS), Osaka, plays a vital role in ensuring a welcoming and organized front desk experience for all visitors, while also managing the extracurricular programmes to enrich students’ educational experiences outside the classroom.
- Front Desk Management:
– Greet and welcome visitors, students, and parents to the school in a professional and friendly manner.
– Answer phone calls, respond to inquiries, and provide information about the school.
- Administrative Support:
– Manage school correspondence, including receiving and distributing mail and emails.
– Assist with basic administrative tasks and maintain organized records.
- Visitor Coordination:
– Schedule appointments, school tours, and meetings for parents, students, and staff.
– Ensure visitors’ needs are addressed promptly and professionally.
Extracurricular Program Coordinator Duties:
- Programme Development:
– Plan, develop, and coordinate a range of extracurricular activities, clubs, and events that cater to students’ diverse interests.
– Collaborate with teachers and other school staff to identify and implement extracurricular offerings.
- Registration and Promotion:
– Manage the registration process for extracurricular programmes, including collecting fees and tracking participation.
– Promote and market extracurricular programmes to students and parents.
- Staff Coordination:
– Recruit and coordinate external instructors, coaches, or volunteers to lead extracurricular activities.
– Work with school staff to ensure safety and compliance during extracurricular events.
- Budget Management:
– Manage the budget for extracurricular programmes, including tracking expenses and revenue.
– Ensure cost-effective programme implementation.
- Evaluation and Reporting:
– Collect feedback from students, parents, and staff to assess the quality and impact of extracurricular activities.
– Generate reports and recommendations for programme improvements.
Qualifications and Requirements:
– A high school diploma or equivalent; a Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
– Previous experience in a receptionist role with strong customer service skills.
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
– Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks.
– A passion for extracurricular activities and programme coordination.
– Proficiency in English and Japanese (spoken and written).
– Basic computer skills, including knowledge of office software.
Visa Status: Permanent Resident / Instructor Visa / valid work visa
Language: English (Fluent) & Japanese (Fluent)
Location: One World International School (OWIS), Osaka
Reporting To: Head of School