The IB PYP (International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme) Coordinator at One World International School (OWIS), Osaka, plays a crucial role in the effective implementation and coordination of the IB PYP curriculum within the school. The IB PYP Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that the PYP framework, guidelines, and standards are met and that students receive a high-quality international education.
- Curriculum Oversight:
– Lead the planning, development, and evaluation of the IB PYP curriculum, in alignment with IB standards and principles.
– Collaborate with teachers and heads of departments to ensure the curriculum is effectively delivered across grade levels.
– Monitor and review curriculum materials and resources, making necessary updates.
- Professional Development:
– Organize and facilitate IB PYP training and professional development sessions for staff.
– Support and guide teachers in implementing best practices in IB PYP teaching and learning.
- Assessment and Evaluation:
– Oversee the development and implementation of assessment strategies that align with IB PYP principles.
– Collaborate with teachers to analyze student data and use it to improve teaching and learning outcomes.
- Communication and Collaboration:
– Foster effective communication among teachers, students, parents, and the IB organization.
– Collaborate with the Head of School and other coordinators to ensure alignment between PYP and other school programs.
- IB Authorization and Evaluation:
– Ensure the school meets all requirements for IB authorization and maintain ongoing compliance.
– Coordinate and support the school’s participation in IB evaluation visits.
- Student and Parent Support:
– Offer guidance and support to students and parents in understanding the IB PYP program, its expectations, and its benefits.
– Address inquiries and concerns from parents regarding the PYP curriculum.
- Data Management:
– Maintain records and documentation related to the PYP curriculum, assessment, and evaluation.
– Use data to drive decision-making and improvement efforts.
Qualifications and Requirements:
– A Bachelor’s degree in Education or a related field; a Master’s degree is preferred.
– A valid teaching certification with a minimum of five years of teaching experience.
– Certification in IB PYP training and a deep understanding of the PYP framework.
– Previous experience in a leadership or coordinator role within an IB school.
– Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
– Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
– Proficiency in English and Japanese (spoken and written).
– A commitment to the principles of the IB PYP and a dedication to providing an international education.
Visa Status: Permanent Resident / Instructor Visa / valid work visa
Language: Japanese (native), English (conversational)
Location: One World International School (OWIS), Osaka
Reporting To: Head of Primary School