The Junior Secondary (Grade 6-8) Homeroom Teacher at One World International School (OWIS), Osaka, holds a critical role in the academic and personal development of students in these crucial transitional years. In addition to homeroom responsibilities, specialized knowledge in Math, English, or Science is preferred to enhance subject-specific teaching and learning.
- Homeroom Responsibilities:
– Establish a welcoming and supportive classroom environment conducive to the holistic development of students.
– Oversee the well-being, behavior, and academic progress of students in the assigned grade level.
– Manage and facilitate regular homeroom meetings to address students’ social and emotional needs.
- Curriculum Delivery:
– Develop, implement, and assess subject-specific lessons in alignment with the school’s curriculum and academic standards.
– Differentiate instruction to accommodate diverse learning needs and styles.
- Student Assessment:
– Conduct formative and summative assessments to gauge student learning and provide constructive feedback.
– Collaborate with colleagues to analyze student data and make data-driven instructional decisions.
- Parent Communication:
– Maintain open and regular communication with parents and guardians, providing updates on student performance and well-being.
– Attend parent-teacher conferences and address parent inquiries and concerns.
- Extracurricular Involvement:
– Actively participate in or lead extracurricular activities, clubs, or events that enhance the school community.
– Encourage and mentor students in extracurricular pursuits.
- Professional Development:
– Engage in ongoing professional development to stay current with best practices in education and subject-specific knowledge.
– Participate in school-wide and grade-level meetings and collaborations.
- Team Collaboration:
– Collaborate with other teachers, specialists, and support staff to ensure a holistic educational experience for students.
– Contribute to curriculum development and school improvement initiatives.
Qualifications and Requirements:
– A Bachelor’s degree in Education or a related field; a teaching certification is required.
– Specialized knowledge and certification in Math, English, or Science is preferred.
– Minimum of 2-3 years of teaching experience, with experience in junior secondary education preferred.
– Strong classroom management skills and a commitment to creating an inclusive learning environment.
– Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
– Proficiency in English and Japanese (spoken and written).
– A passion for teaching and a dedication to students’ academic and personal growth.
Visa Status: Permanent Resident / Instructor Visa / valid work visa
Language: English (Fluent)
Location: One World International School (OWIS), Osaka
Reporting To: Head of Junior Secondary School