One World International School in Singapore has long prided itself on providing students with a holistic educational experience and encouraging them to develop the skills they need to thrive in any profession they choose. OWIS Digital Campus*, our third campus, aims to integrate technology into different aspects of our curriculum, allowing students to grow and thrive in a dynamic, modern learning environment.
Benefits of Digital Learning
In the not-too-distant past, technology was considered an optional enhancement to the traditional learning environment. In today’s interconnected world, however, technology is a critical part of education. Students deserve to have access to the latest technological resources, as this allows them to develop the skills they will need for the jobs of the future.
Some of the top benefits of digital learning include:
- Technology accelerates learning. When students have access to the best technological resources in the classroom, they can gain access to the information they need more quickly — which can, in turn, accelerate the learning process. In addition, technology can adapt to the needs of the student, allowing each child to get the information they need in a way that works best for their learning style.
- Digital learning encourages creativity. Many students in today’s world can use technology intuitively and often find new uses for it that adults might otherwise miss. Technology broadens their horizons and allows them to explore innovative and creative solutions.
- Technology makes collaboration easier and more effective. Collaboration plays a crucial role in every subject area in future-focused curricula, such as the programmes offered by the IB. Technology makes it easier for students to collaborate as they share ideas, test their theories and come up with interesting solutions that may not have been thought of yet.
Integrating Technology into the Learning Experience at OWIS Digital Campus
OWIS Digital Campus in Punggol will be a purpose-built, modern learning environment that incorporates technology in a variety of ways, such as:
- Allowing students to learn in interactive classrooms. Classrooms are learning spaces where technology is readily available and is used to enhance the learning experience — not direct it. At OWIS Digital Campus, our interactive learning spaces will be equipped with the best educational apps and technological resources, allowing students to interact with technology safely and securely. Digital literacy and citizenship will remain a focal point of the curriculum, helping students understand the best ways to use technology effectively.
- Providing learners with access to future-ready facilities. Innovative technology will be accessible throughout the OWIS Digital Campus. From security features, such as digital face recognition and digital lockers, to interactive LED screens inside each classroom, every aspect of the new campus will be enhanced with technology. In addition, the campus will also have skills studios that will provide students with a stimulating space to develop and hone 21st-century skills they will need in the future. These will include a STEM studio, virtual and augmented reality studios, and more.
- Relying on technology to improve sustainability efforts on campus. Technology naturally lends itself to sustainability efforts. On our campus, we will rely on innovative technology and design features that will implement eco-friendly practices, including urban farming, vertical gardens, renewable energy and energy-efficient features.
- Developing state-of-the-art sports facilities. Physical education has long played a pivotal role in our holistic approach to education. At our Digital Campus, we will design state-of-the-art sports facilities that have performance analytics capabilities. These tools will allow our students to stay active, explore their interests and connect with their peers while perfecting their skills and preparing for a future in sports.
Experience Innovative Learning
OWIS Digital Campus* in Punggol will effortlessly incorporate technology into learning, allowing every student to enjoy an elevated educational experience that prepares them for life in a global economy.
(*Proposed site for an international school that will open in August 2023 subject to regulatory approvals.)